James Faulkner left the PSL due to salary disagreement with PCB.



James Faulkner left the PSL due to salary disagreement with PCB.

James Faulkner left the PSL due to salary disagreement with PCB.

22 February 2022  Authorbet365baji

James Faulkner, the Australian World Cup winner, has quit the Pakistan Super League (PSL) due to a salary disagreement.

After former one-Test allrounder Faulkner announced his surprising withdrawal on Twitter, Pakistan cricket officials refuted his charges and barred him from participating in future editions of their flagship domestic T20 competition.

Faulkner has not played for his Quetta Gladiators club in the last 3 matches, and has claimed that the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has lied to him and that his mistreatment has been a "disgrace."

The 31-year-old Tasmanian wrote on his social media account to please accept his apologies to all Pakistani cricket supporters. He added that however, due to the PCB not respecting my contractual agreement/payments, I've had to resign from the final two games and leave the PSL.

He remarked that he has been here for the entire time, and they've kept lying to him. He commented that it is difficult for him to leave because he wanted to help bring international cricket back to Pakistan, where there is so much fresh talent and fantastic supporters.

However, the PCB stated that it had paid 70% of Faulkner's agreement to his British bank account, and that "Mr Faulkner acknowledged receipt of this payment." The remaining 30% would be transferred to Faulkner's accounts within 40 days of the PSL's conclusion, according to the PCB.

Faulkner's agent changed his bank information to an Australian account in January, according to the board, and the player demanded "a second duplicate payment of the same amount be made to his account in Australia."

Faulkner pulled out of a key game for Quetta against Multan on Friday afternoon, putting the sides' talks to a halt. Despite promises from the board that his issues would be handled, he requested that his flight preparations be made immediately.

According to the PCB, prior to his travel to Australia, Faulkner intentionally damaged hotel equipment and behaved badly and disrespectfully at the airport. The PCB and the franchises have generally agreed that James Faulkner would not be drafted in future Pakistan Super League events. The board cited his flagrant misbehavior as an effort to bring the board, Pakistan cricket, and the PSL into shame.